Supporting Documents For Green Card Lottery
After KCC receives and processes the DS-260 application form for you and your accompanying family members, you will receive instructions for how to submit required supporting documents. Your interview will not be scheduled until you submit scanned copies of all required supporting documents, following the guidelines below. If you cannot obtain a particular document, send an explanation of why you cannot obtain the document, as an attachment in .jpeg or .pdf format, to KCCDVDocuments@state.gov, with your case number in the subject line. You will bring the original documents to your interview with the consular officer. It is strongly recommended that you begin this process early.
Supporting Documents for DS-260
- Passport Biographic Data Page (all persons traveling with you)
- Birth Certificate (all persons traveling with you)
- Marriage Certificate (if it applies to you)
- Divorce Certificate / Decree (if it applies to you)
- Military Records (if it applies to you)
- Prison/ Court Records
- Police Certificates: If you are 16 years of age or older, you must submit a police certificate(s) from all countries you have lived in.
|From…||AND…||THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from…|
|The country of nationality if they resided there for more than 6 months||is 16 years old or older||the police authorities of that locality|
|the country of current residence (if different from nationality) if they resided there for than 6 months||was 16 years or older at that time||the police authorities of that locality|
|any previous country or countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 months||was 16 years or older at that time||the police authorities of that locality|
|any country where you were arrested for any reason, no matter how long they lived there||was any age at that time||the police authorities of that locality|
*You do not have to submit a police certificate for the US if you live or lived in the USA. *
- Change of name document (Affidavit of Change of Name, if applicable)
You only provide documents that apply to YOU!
Please read the next article about how to properly name your documents before you sent to KCC.